problem with ldap client on Solaris 8 box

Hi List.
Brief history of the subj.
I had OpenLDAP client on Solaris 8 box with latest 8_Recommended cluster and
it worked perfectly.
Except one thing.
When I launched [passwd username] as LDAP user "username" I had usual dialog
and after that "bus error" with no password change. I found that the cause
is patch 108993-18 for ldap which was in patch_cluster.
After removing the patch I have permanent message:
May 29 11:29:04 arrakis nscd[10476]: Unable to load new information from
configu
ration file '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' ('Unable to open filename
'/var/ldap/ld
ap_client_file' for reading (errno=2).').

and I cannot connect as LDAP user anymore.

I've re-built all the packages on this host: OpenSSL (0.9.7b),
OpenLDAP(2.1.17), pam_ldap(161), nss_ldap(205).... pam.conf and subsequent
libraries have also been checked - I have new ones from OpenLDAP package.
Nothing helped.

I see that name service cache daemon [nscd] tries to use Solaris native LDAP
client.
How to get rid of it?

Thanks for any hints.

Alexei.