Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 5:43 PM
Subject: Very Basic Question

I apologize upfront for posting this, but I'm not sure where to find the information.  I've tried searching Google as well as the RPM's on my machine and your list archives I've also run both locate and find looking for this information and gotten nothing apparently useful back.  As I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so I'm going to ask this.  The file path to the executable that is mentioned on your web site is empty and the config files are in /etc/openldap, which also appears to be non-standard.

I'm running a RedHat 9 server and I seem to have successfully installed the RPM's for openldap 2.0.27(as I can find the config files and the lib files, etc.) , but I'm having one very tiny problem.  I cannot find the executable in order to start the server.  If someone could kindly tell me where they've hidden the thing, I would be very nearly eternally grateful.  If I've missed something and the executable isn't installed, I'd be equally happy to discover that as well.

Thanks,

Ms. Jimi Thompson, CISSP

Manager, Web Operations

SMU Cox School of Business

If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.

    Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

<<Thompson, Jimi (JimiT@mail.cox.smu.edu).vcf>>