Re: Apache authentication?

Note that for this module, the path specified in the AuthLDAPURL directive
specifies the subtree to search for the user object for authentication.
The "require group" directive takes a full DN locating the group object to
use for checking group membership.

There is no search for the group object, it is fully specified by you (in
the "require group" directive).

Basically yes, I think you need to use the same AuthLDAPURL as in your
<Directory /> container.

More documentation at http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/1.6/auth_ldap.html

If you have more questions, we should probably take this off the list, as
it's a bit off-topic.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>