From: Andreas [mailto:andreas@conectiva.com.br]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 2:07 PM
To: pll+ldap@lanminds.com
Cc: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: slapadd, 1 million entries, some NEW numbers

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:58:41PM -0400, pll+ldap@lanminds.com wrote:
> Ahhm, not to be really nitpicky here, but 'dual' usually means 2, not 4.
> Are you using a dual P4 or a Quad P4 :)

It's a dual P4 HT, that means it has Hyper Threading enabled, so, for
example, /proc/cpuinfo shows 4 CPUs.

> Another performance tweak might be to add a separate SCSI bus and
> hang a the log disk off that bus.  To go even further, you could get
> 3+ drives and use something like RAID 3 or RAID 1 which should
> enhance write performance.  Of course, I don't expect these changes
> to have any major impact.

Well, I wanted to have a figure here and spot any obvious mistakes I
might have made. SCSI definitely improves performance and is a must
for big deployments.

This mail message originated outside Commerzbank via the Internet. As a result, the sender's address is not verifiable.

This communication is confidential and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of the information and you are requested to notify Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, New York Branch immediately that you have received it and then to destroy the copy in your possession. Views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Commerzbank AG.