Re: simple authentication per default

Hi

On Monday 26 May 2003 18:05, Duile Gerhard wrote:
> when binding to openldap 2.0x, default bind is SASL. Now, I have a client
> that does not handle this. How can I configure slapd to reach that default
> is not to use SASL?

AFAIK there's no such ldap.conf or slapd.conf option.

If your client connects to the server using an API, then your client
is not affected.

Only if your client is calling the command line ldap tools internally
then it is affected and you have to change it ;-((

Maybe it is not SASL that hinders your client from binding to the server but
the fact that OpenLDAP 2.1.x by default requires protocol version 3 while
your client only offers protocol version 2.

In this case "allow bind_v2" in slapd.conf may help.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de