Re: migration

Hi,

On Monday 26 May 2003 15:11, Manuel Vazquez wrote:
> thank you, installation worked.
> Now I have to transfer the whole database from our old OpenLDAP server with
> LDBM backend to the new one with Berkeley. I started slapcat on the first
> one to save all together to an ldif file. On the new one I tried slapadd,
> but it fails with:
> (line 27): (65) invalid structural object class chain (person/account)
>
> line 27 is an empty line between two entries. I deleted all the empty lines
> in my ldif file.
> After that slapadd fails with the same error on the last line.

Deleting the empty lines was a bad idea.
In LDIF format the empty lines separate directory entries.
The error message occurs on this line beause slapadd needs the whole
entry to see if anything is wrong with the entry.
So the affected entry is the one before the empty line.

You can bring the empty lines back into the file if you insert one before
every line starting with dn:

The "invalid structural object class chain (person/account)" is a FAQ.
It occurs because the entry contains 2 struchtural object classes that are not
in the same objectclass inheritance chain: person and account.
This is not allowed in the LDAP data model (2.0 did not check for it, but 2.1
does).
To get rid of it define your own objectclass that inherits from both person
and account and add this new objectclass to all objects that have
objectclasses person and account.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall