Re: LDAP Queries

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:46 PM -0400 Russell Premont
> <rpremont@intellistar.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes. I am sure the issue is not with ldap it's self but with courier.
>> When I set the Auth method to ldap in courier I can watch the syslog and
>> see the mail being delivered so I am sure ldap is fine. I can also use
>> softerra ldap admin and connect fine so...I am pretty sure the issues
>> with courier, that is the only thing that has changed.
>

> up your loglevel in slapd.conf, and watch what happens.  try 256.
>
> --Quanah

That one helped me a lot:

http://jamm.sourceforge.net/howto/html/implementation.html#IMPL-COURIER

My settings in /etc/courier-imap/authldaprc

LDAP_SERVER	127.0.0.1
LDAP_PORT	389
LDAP_BASEDN	ou=Personen,dc=tor,dc=at
LDAP_BINDDN	cn=LDAP,ou=Dienste,dc=tor,dc=at
LDAP_BINDPW	<foobar>
(That's just a workaround, since I don't want anonymous access to LDAP,
but use:)
LDAP_AUTHBIND	1
(AUTHBIND is the only way to use SSHA hashed Passwords)
LDAP_TIMEOUT	5
LDAP_MAIL       mail
LDAP_DOMAIN     yourdomain.example
LDAP_GLOB_UID   1000
LDAP_GLOB_GID   1000
LDAP_HOMEDIR	homeDirectory
LDAP_MAILDIR	Maildir
LDAP_FULLNAME	displayName
LDAP_CRYPTPW	userPassword
LDAP_DEREF	never

Hope that saves you some time a 'wasted'...

Max