Re: [ISSUE?] : jpegPhoto, EQUALITY, octetStringMatch (OL 2.1.17)

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Kirill Kovalenko writes:

We've noticed that it's impossible to perform entry modification for
jpegPhoto attribute. Its schema definition has no EQUALITY
specification (...)

You can use LDAP_MOD_REPLACE which deletes the old value and inserts the new one. This does not need an equaltiy matching rule.

One can also remove the whole attribute with LDAP_MOD_DELETE by specifying attribute type (without specifying certain attribute value) and re-add the whole attribute with all updated attribute values using LDAP_MOD_ADD, all in one ModifyRequest.

What I've learned this seems to be more robust in general with many LDAP servers than using LDAP_MOD_REPLACE (e.g. when updating sub schema sub entry of Netscape 4.x directory server).

Ciao, Michael.