Re: addr book for outlook+mozilla

Hi

It's still not matching with mozilla schema.
in mozilla source (nightly 2003-05-20)  mailnews/addrbook/src/nsAbLDAPProperties.cpp (get it at http://woolik.bumpclub.ee/~valmar/nsAbLDAPProperties.cpp.txt) beginning from line 76 you can read what attributes mozilla uses. Lots'a them are missing from abook, from  rolodap and from openldap out-of-box objectclasses.

just for example, mozilla uses xmozillasecondemail attribute from second email. I have qmail-ldap as MTA, thus mailAlternateAddress holds it.
One solution would be to describe xmozillasecondemail attribute as child of mailAlternateAddress (http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin20/guide.html#Extending%20Schema) but that means for example that filter
(mailAlternateAddress=m@dom) finds both values of attrs mailAlternateAddress and xmozillasecondemail
but filter (xmozillasecondemail=p@dom) finds only values from xmozillasecondemail attributes.

Anyway, presence of suitable schema is not nr.1 question for me right now, if it isnt really present I can create it myself.
I'm more concerend  how I could get schemas for mozilla and for qmail work together,
i.e. so that searching with either filter (xmozillasecondemail=p@dom) or  (mailAlternateAddress=p@dom) would return values from both attributes and vice versa.
Of course I could rename attribute mailAlternateAddress to mailAlternateAddressOrig and then create attributes
mailAlternateAddress and xmozillasecondemail as childs of that (just like c and countryName are defined ), but that would be little nasty.
Maybe theres way to create those rules without modifing existing  "production" objectClasses ?

Also 1 thing for which Im to lazy to figure out :-) : mozilla uses countryname attribute for country.
in core.schema there are line:
attributetype ( 2.5.4.6 NAME ( 'c' 'countryName') SUP name SINGLE-VALUE )
So in ldap entry, attribute c holds value, and when i manually search with either filter c=e* or countryName=e* it always finds value stored.
But mozilla does'nt show that value in address card.
Now i changed that line in core.schema to
attributetype ( 2.5.4.6 NAME ( 'countryName' 'c') SUP name SINGLE-VALUE )
and immediately mozilla shows countryName value in addr card.

Thanks.

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Hi,

"Valmar Joandi" <valmar@linking.ee> writes:

Hi,

I'm trying to set up address book suitable for outlook+mozilla, but well,
theres no suitable objectclasses. There are suitable objectclasses for
ldapv2 present
http://ftp.eenet.ee/LDP/HOWTO/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO/schemas.html ,
and some sort of objectClass for ldapv3 at
http://ldap-abook.sourceforge.net/ which claims to suit for outlook and
mozilla, but still does'nt.

I was hopeing that suitable objectclasses for ldapv3 are still somewhere
and some good person points it out :):)

I use abook with mozilla addressbook and that works fine. But you may try rolodap
http://rolodap.sourceforge.net

-Dieter