Re: bdb installation on Solaris

--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 12:16 PM +0200 Paternoster Sergio <Sergio.Paternoster@h3g.it> wrote:

Hi All, I'm try to understand well my DB environment. If in my slapd.conf file I have: directory /usr/local/cds1/ldap/var/openldap-bdb is this my DB_HOME? so I should type: export DB_HOME= /usr/local/cds1/ldap/var/openldap-bdb is it correct? if yes the DB_CONFIG file shoud be into this directory? I tried with this DB_CONFIG

Sergio,

You will have high I/O unless the db logs and the db are on separate disks.
From your setup, everything appears to be in /usr/local, which I assume is
on the same disk.

--Quanah

--