SuSE 8.0 Linux as OpenLDAP client

Hi,

obviously SuSE seems to have hacked unix configuration files again. The libnsswitch-ldap.conf and /etc/ldap.conf seem to have been merged into
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf. Furthermore the PAM configuration files look a lot different.

Currently I can use the login and su PAM modules on my debian openldap server box without problems, but I cannot get the SuSE 8.0 running as client.

So for now

  getent passwd

on my SuSE box returns all LDAP posix users. But

  getent passwd <username>
  su - <username>
  ssh -l <username> <suse hostname>

do not even access ldap. I would be very happy if somebody could tell me if only nsswitch or pam is possibly broken. Furthmore it would be a great help if sbd would have some working SuSE config files at hand for comparison. I found no config files for a SuSE client using a server with Turbo's LDAPv3 setup (including Kerberos, SSL and GSSAPI).

Thanks in advance,

Andreas Heilwagen
Teamleiter Qualitätssicherung, Systembetreuung und Test (QST)
Jamba! AG Pfuelstrasse 5 10997 Berlin
Tel.: +49-30-69538-134 Mobile: +49-173-3218114 Fax: +49-30-69538-599
http://www.jamba.de, http://wap.jamba.de
GPG/PGP Public Key @ http://www.keyserver.net