Hopefully, an easy question on deleting entries:

Hello everyone.

Well, I have been working with LDAP here lately and im trying to do some testing.

However, I made a .ldif file with some information. But, when I went to enter the data, there was a misspelling in part of the .ldif file that caused not all of my information in the file to be imported into LDAP. Just a small bit was imported. Here is what I get when I do a ldapsearch:

[root@courtesypdc openldap]# ldapsearch -b 'dc=test,dc=com' -x
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# test, com
dn: dc=test,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: domain
dc: test

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

Now, from reviewing my .ldif file, it only grabbed the top part, before it came across the misspelling.

Two questions:

How would I continue to enter the rest of the data in my .ldif file?
Would I just edit my .ldif file and remove the top part?
Or, should I delete what is in my LDAP right now and start over?

If the answer is the later part, what is a good way to make sure I delete what is in my LDAP directory?

Thanks everyone.

Best,

Jason