Re: openldap+syslog question

--On Friday, May 09, 2003 10:32 AM -0500 Kelly Sauke <ksauke@fastenal.com> wrote:

I've been playing with openldap now for about 2 weeks and can't for the
life of me figure out how to get it to write to a log file (errors or
otherwise).  I've searched the archive and haven't found much in there
either so I thought I would post here.

I'm running openldap version 2.1.17 on a RH Advanced Server 2.1 machine.
It was compiled against sleepycat's db 4.1.25 with the following
configure line.

./configure  --prefix=/usr/local --enable-crypt --with-tls
--enable-slurpd --enable-syslog --enable-debug --enable-modules
--enable-phonetic --enable-spasswd

How can I get this to go to the syslog?  If I start slapd with 'slapd -h
"ldap:/// ldaps:///" -s info' nothing gets placed into /var/log/messages
even though my syslog.conf file has this line in it.

*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages

Is this a known bug?  Can anyone lend a little insight into where I went
wrong?  Is there some slapd.conf entry that I'm missing?  Thanks,

Kelly,

Logging to syslog works just fine for me. In slapd.conf I simply set: "loglevel 256"

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator