Search in unknown tree

Thanks for all the support you give me. BUT I really need to know how to do a search using my client if I know the address  of the server but not the DN of the root of the DIT.
I mean if I want to explore an unknown DIT how may I perform any search without knowing anything?
I mean what parameter should I pass to ldap_search_s() as base DN? I know I could discover something  if I  could read the info stored in the root of the DIT (as namingContexts attribute), but How may I be  able to do so???
PLEASE IT'S REALLY URGENT!!!!!