RE: deferring operation?

> that slapd will perform during its normal processing. You really can't
> estimate the memory impact of the entry cache without knowing the average
> size of entries in the directory, so that's a complete unknown here.

It's just addressbook, and posixAccount schema stuff for authenticating
macosx users: Typical entry has: cn, uidNumber, gidNumber, gecos, homeDirectory,
mail, department, giveName, sn, macosxNetHome. A typical LDIF entry takes
up about 600 to 700 bytes.

LDAP_PVT_THREAD_STACK_SIZE is 2 MB (on this server), so 438 threads is
easily 876 MB in stack size alone. However the threads should be limited
to 16 (default in 2.1.17 slapd.conf) right? I must have introduced a bug.

Howard - I'm was planning on upgrading to 2.1.17 and BerkeleyDB 4.1.25
but I saw a reference to a problem with muti-processor machines and
4.1.x. This machine is a dual proc Xeon 1.8 GHz with hyperthreading (so
it appears as a 4 processor box to linux). Could this be a problem?
Would I be better sticking with 4.0.14 ?

Thanks
Paul