Re: ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server

Le lun 21/04/2003 à 05:38, SURESHKUMAR a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>      When I run the LDAP Server it is running fine.I confirmed it first
> using ps -A.To confirm it again I tried searching using the following
> command : ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
> but I get the following error : ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server.

try to run tcpdump to see what your ldapsearch is trying to do

check your /etc/openldap/ldap.conf : is the HOST ok ? (excuse me for the
question :) I don't know if you are a newbie like me, or someone
inattentive (like me too))

please also check your /etc/hosts file
I had a problem like this with my kerberos server on a RH 8.0
the DNS name of my computer was both on the line 127.0.0.1 and the line
of my NIC address, which causes (I don't know exactly why) the kerberos
server to only listen to loopback connections, while the client only
attempt to make connection on external IP, due to config files
so I "just" had to remove the dns name from the 127.0.0.1 line (that
took me about 3 days to find the problem, and thanks groups.google.com
:) )

Francois