Re: Quoting Spaces in DN, again

fre, 11.04.2003 kl. 17.19 skrev Kurt D. Zeilenga:

> >The bug haunts me again. How do You explain the following search result?
> >AFAIK the DN should simply not match...

> No, they simply should match.

> The directory strings " EMO" and "EMO" are equal per the
> equality matching rule of the CN attribute.

Openldap 2.1.17:

Hmm ... grepping and stringsing around and cheating with GQ, I get
rfc2256 shouted at me the whole time. Which I then obviously read
($distro/doc/rfc).

Nowhere, anywhere, can I find any equality match for 'cn' (actually
built in to slapd via core.schema.)

Checked the ldapsearch again, and 'cn=\20frigg' and 'cn=frigg' give the
same (positive, accurate) results, 'cn=\ frigg' gives "ldapsearch:
ldap_search_ext: Bad search filter (87)"

So what is the equality matching rule for cn and where do I find it? SUP
is name and has equality matching rule distinguishedNameMatch.

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl