RE: OpenLDAP andSNMP

Hi,

I notcied in the archive some questions about SNMP and
OpenLDAP. Now I am quit new to OpenLDAP, but for instance
a feature like runtime changing a loglevel should be possible.
Although, the group needs to define a MIB module for this
and therefore an enterprise number is needed that is the
root of the MIb module. Not sure how this works, but I am willing
to help.

As for security, SNMPv3 has authentication and privacy that
are the security features needed. NET-SNMP as another
open-source package supports this.

hope this helps,

Harrie

PS: sorry if it does not connect to the thread in the archive.