Re: RedHat 8.0 and OpenLDAP/SASL

>I just got an assignment where I should setup a RH client that
>should authenticate/authorize against an AD server.

This isn't an OpenLDAP related question.  You probably need NSS & PAM LDAP
modules from padl, possibly the krb5 packages from RedHat, the winbind daemon
from Samba, .... depending on how you set it up and your PDC mode.

>I've seen quite a number of mails about RH and problems, so I
>just wanted to double check if SASL is still a problem on RH...

We are a 100% RedHat shop and haven't had any SASL related problems (except
between SASL, the SASL docs, and our own IQ :)

Adam Tauno Williams
Network & Systems Administrator
Morrison Industries
Grand Rapids, Mi. USA