RE: OpenLDAP in Production

I haven't read it. Of course, these are the same folks who brought you the
LDAP specification in the first place, so I'm sure it won't steer you wrong.

> I find it so far a long haul. But the hardest trips are
> usually the most
> rewarding IMHO. I was hoping to use OpenLDAP w/kerberos and
> client certs
> authenticating user accounts. So once I understand what is
> already working
> then I can code whatever I need otherwise. (This is perfect IMO.)

Hmmm... In general, Kerberos and certificate-based authentication are
separate systems. You might be talking about Kerberos with the PK-Init
extension, but that is still only an Internet Draft, not a finalized spec.
For the most part, you use either Kerberos, or certificates, but not both at
once.

  -- Howard Chu