RE: SASL/GSSAPI with multiple Kerberos realms?

This is an absolute requirement. The server and client must both have
credentials in a common realm. If you can't use cross-realm authentication to
put them both in the same realm, then the server must exist in both realms.

> BUT I think that sasl-realm in slapd.conf allows only one value; is
> this the case?

Irrelevant. Kerberos does its own realm name management, sasl-realm only
affects DIGEST-MD5 and other mechs that don't support distributed
authentication.

> If I ran another slapd with a slapd.conf specifying the other realm,
> could it look at the same db (the access to the other realm does not
> need to allow updates) without getting confused?  This is openldap
> 2.0.27.

No.

  -- Howard Chu