Re: OpenLDAP + RedHat 8.0 problem

>when I tried openldap on redhat it was giving me some error while adding
>with ldapadd like
> 	:No such arrtribute.
>But slapdadd allowed me to add same entry so I was very surprised at that
>time .

slapadd doesn't sanity check like ldapadd does (against a running DSA)

>my ldif file is like this ..
>	dn: ou=test, dc=test, dc=com
>	ou: test
>	objectClass: organisationalUnit
>and suffix and rootdn are ok in slapd.conf
>Anybody faced the same problems then tell me I will be very grateful to
>him/her.

Did you add dc=test,dc=com first?

dn: dc=test, dc=com
objectclass: top

dn: ou=test, dc=test, dc=com
objectclass: top
objectClass: organisationalUnit
ou: test

Always include "objectclass: top" and always list objectclass attributes
(or any other "meta data" attributes) before actual values.  Not
necessarily required, but will avoid some gotchas.