Back-META and LDAP v2

I'm currently trying to setup a Back-Meta based directory to join  multiple directory trees into 1 for searching purposes.  One of the directories is outdated and can apparently only use LDAPv2.  When I give ldapsearch the -P 2 flag, the search returns just fine.

Is there a way for me to indicate to back-meta to only use LDAPv2 for this uri?

Thanks
Jason

Jason Armbruster         Director of Operations & Infrastructure
(303) 492-9131                    University Management Systems

"In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the
future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in
a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer