Re: PHP & OpenLDAP

ons, 2002-10-30 kl. 03:19 skrev Craig Marchant:

> I've recently installed LDAP 2.1.8 from 2.0.25. I have written a
> program in php to add / delete and modify users. It was working before I
> upgraded to 2.1.8 and now whenever I try to add or modify a user I
> receive the following error from php:

> LDAP-Errno: 8
> LDAP-Error: Strong(er) authentication required

> What I would like to know, is what command do I need to insert into
> slapd.conf to allow weaker authentication to be accepted.

I can't understand this. I have 2.1.8 and PHP4.2.3. Apache is 1.3.27,
browser is Mozilla 1.1. I checked this, just to verify. However, I could
delete a DN with no trouble, as Admin, port 389, no TLS, no SASL (not
possible with PHP). But. I =do= mave mcrypt support, and perhaps that's
it? The utility that I use for this - and for cribbing code - has mcrypt
support. Without mcrypt you should consider session cookies for the
password.

> I realise that this is a little off-topic, but I was unable to get help
> from the php lists.

Neither do I find the PHP lists any use whatsoever for non-SQL database
stuff.

This is definitely PHP - perhaps you could mail me off list and we can
compare notes, though I'm still a PHP infant.
Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset, end det at ikke have sadset
i det hele taget.»

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl