search faster

 Hi!

How can I make faster searches/read in my directory ?

I'm using a jsp in order to see all persons in my
directory (ou=Persons)
Each person is in a group in my directory, within the
ou=Groups (there  are : "cn=Group1,ou=Groups,..." ,
"cn=Group2,ou=Groups,..." , etc.
I'm looking for the cn (cn=Group1, or cn=Group2 ...)
of the group in which is each person in my directory.
In order to do that, I read for all the groups within
ou=Groups all the uniqueMember attributes, and I take
the cn of the group when the uniquemember is the dn of
the person of which I'm looking for the group (I'm
doing that in java )...
I hope you understand, I'm not clear !

So this search is very slow, whereas my directory is
really small (250 entrees , and 7 groups in the
organizational unit ou=Groups!)

My indexes are :
index   objectClass             eq
index  cn,mail,givenname,initials,sn,uid
eq,subinitial
index uniqueMember      eq,pres

What can I do in order to go faster ?
Maybe i should do this another way?
Is there a standard ldap attribute for the group of a
person??  I didn't saw that, but it really should be
easier if such an attribute existed ...

Thanks,

Lucie