Search URL does not display results, though ldapsearch does. Why?

Hi all,
I'm trying to set up a sample directory server on my
Linux desktop.  I have installed OpenLDAP
(openldap-2.0.7-5mdk) that came with the Linux
Mandrake RPM.  I have also setup a sample directory
with a few entries, and tested my entries with
ldapsearch.

Now, this is what I need some help with (Search URL):

I'm trying to list my entries on Netscape
Communicator/Konqueror Web Browser using LDAP search
url.  I tried all of the following urls, but none of
these display any results (Konqueror shows a blank
page, and Netscape does not refresh any existing
display):

ldap://localhost/o=airius.com??sub?
ldap://localhost:389/o=airius.com??sub?
ldap://localhost.localdomain:389/o=airius.com??sub?

Am I doing something wrong here?  Am I missing
something?
I believe the url format is right, because I tested it
on Netscape (Win98), on a remote server (The only
difference in the url was the hostname and search
base).

This command line search worked:
ldapsearch -x -b "o=airius.com"
   - It returned all the entries I had setup in the
directory.
(The same command without the -x flag throws a
sasl_interactive_bind error, though.)

I'm running slapd on the standard port 389.

Following are the versions of software I'm using:
Linux Mandrake 8.0
Kernel Version 2.4.3-20mdk#1
Openldap-2.0.7-5mdk
Netscape Comm ver. 4.77
Konqueror 2.1.1

WinModem - Therefore have not setup any networking
Standalone i686 desktop

I'd appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,
Chi