Replication problem on 2.0.X

OpenLDAP 2.0.25.

We have a set of chained replicas (don't ask), and I'm not sure whether
I've discovered a bug or a feature...

This entry is not being copied to another slave, because its timestamp is
older than that indicated in slurpd.status:

Reject file:

	ERROR: Referral
	replica: ldap.us.YYY.com:389
	time: 1031879205.0
	dn: uid=USER,dc=id,dc=YYY,dc=com
	changetype: modify
	replace: userPassword
	userPassword:: e01ENX11bWxlUTcrR2h0QjdVUVFGdjhlNWdnPT0=
	-
	replace: modifiersName
	modifiersName: cn=Manager,dc=YYY,dc=com
	-
	replace: modifyTimestamp
	modifyTimestamp: 20020913010819Z

slurpd.status:

	ldap.us.YYY.com:389:1035268234:0	(Comes out as 22nd October)

(The astute will notice that it's a Master in Indonesia, successfully
replicated to Australia, which in turn is trying to update USA.)

In other words, some time ago this entry was not processed (it got a
Referral error due to a misconfiguration), and because there was a
successful update since then, it never will be processed.

Is this correct behaviour?  Am I confused?

I noticed there were bug fixes in the replication area in 2.0.27, but
they don't seem to apply here.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-4333