From: Brun, Paul
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 5:50 PM
To: Howard Chu
Cc: OpenLdap Software Forum (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Exporting OpenLdap Question

The good part of this dilemma is that the Directory SDK that
was developed by Mozilla and downloadable from IPlanet can clean it up
because I can directly read in and export to an LDIF file. What happens
I guess is that when it reads in the LDIF file, the last DN it see's, it
will replace any pre-existing DN's that it has read in before. You
are not guaranteed the correct entry information, but at least you are
ensured it will restore to a clean LDIF file.

Curious, prior to using the Directory SDK, we had someone update the
schema values and attributes in the LDIF file by using XSL transforms
on the DSML that is produced after reading it in through DSML reader.
This I believe was provided by Castor JDK, and am wondering if that
could lead to corruption???

Any thoughts....thanks for your input.

Paul