Is it a bug, or are my docs out of date?

I have a copy of RFC2252 dated December 1997.  In that document section
4.1 says that "p" is defined to include the double quote (") not the
single quote (').  I find that OpenLDAP in servers/slapd/slap.h defines
SLAP_PRINTABLE to include the single quote not the double quote.  (my
code base is 2.0.23 but I have checked the 2.1.6 code and it is the
same).

So, was there a revision to RFC2252 (that I have not found) that changed
from the double quote to the single quote in a printable string, or do I
need to file an ITS against openldap?

Thanks,
Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===