revisiting openldap as auth server

I have OpenLDAP 2.0.23 on a RedHat 7.3 box. I downloaded the latest set of migration tools from padl.com. I know that the PADL scripts are separate from openldap, but I don't think the scripts are the problem. I seem to be having trouble with ldapadd. I've tried running the migrate_all_online.sh script, and the migrate_passwd.sh script and trimming it down to one user and running ldapadd manually on that trimmed down file. I get the same response either way. Here is my database definition in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=unboundtech,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=sysadm,dc=unboundtech,dc=com"
rootpw          <snip>
directory       /var/lib/ldap/unbound

access to attr=userPassword
        by self write
        by anonymous auth
        by dn="cn=sysadm,dc=unboundtech,dc=com" write
        by * none
access to *
        by self write
        by dn="cn=sysadm,dc=unboundtech,dc=com" write
        by * read

Here is what an ldapsearch tells me

[root@mcp MigrationTools-44]# ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=unboundtech,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1
[root@mcp MigrationTools-44]#

Here is what I get when I run the migrate_all_online.sh

[root@mcp MigrationTools-44]# ./migrate_all_online.sh
Enter the X.500 naming context you wish to import into: [dc=unboundtech,dc=com]
Enter the name of your LDAP server [ldap]: localhost
Enter the manager DN: [cn=manager,dc=unboundtech,dc=com]: cn=sysadm,dc=unboundtech,dc=com
Enter the credentials to bind with:
Do you wish to generate a DUAConfigProfile [yes|no]?

Importing into dc=unboundtech,dc=com...

Creating naming context entries...
Migrating aliases...
Migrating groups...
Migrating hosts...
Migrating networks...
Migrating users...
Migrating protocols...
Migrating rpcs...
Migrating services...
Migrating netgroups...
Migrating netgroups (by user)...
Migrating netgroups (by host)...
Importing into LDAP...
adding new entry "ou=People,dc=unboundtech,dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object
        additional info: parent does not exist

ldif_record() = 32
/usr/bin/ldapadd: returned non-zero exit status
[root@mcp MigrationTools-44]#

Here's the manual ldapadd with on a single entry ldif file

[root@mcp MigrationTools-44]# ldapadd -x -h localhost -D "cn=sysadm,dc=unboundtech,dc=com" -f passwd.ldif
adding new entry "uid=jgeorgeson,ou=People,dc=unboundtech,dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object
additional info: parent does not exist

ldif_record() = 32

-- Justin Georgeson UnBound Technologies, Inc. http://www.unboundtech.com Main 713.329.9330 Fax 713.460.4051 Mobile 512.789.1962

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)