Re: SuSE eMail Server 3.1 + LDAP slave replication problem

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:42:16AM -0200, Fabiano Felix wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a SMS 3.1, which is based on OpenLDAP-2.0.11. I create a cn=replica
> in the directory, and put the necessary ACLs to us. The Master to Slave
> replication is OK, but when I try to modify a data in the slave server, and
> it try to send the information to the master,
The slave server doesn't try to modify the master directly. It sends a
referral (the one configured with updateref) back to the client. The
client then is responsible for updating the records on the master. By
default most clients bind anonymously to the master for this. You would
need to change the clients to bind as a user which has sufficient access
rights to modify the directory. (BTW, the default clients of SLEMS 3.1
don't support this)

> receive the following message:
> "Insuficcient Access"
[..]
--
regards,
    Ralf Haferkamp

SuSE Linux AG                                    - The Linux Experts -
Deutschherrnstrasse 15-19                         http://www.suse.com
D-90429 Nuernberg, Germany                        Tel: +49-911-74053-0