Re: user experiences

John,
I am using the following setup very successfully for a large number of users in a commercial environment. I am using a Master/multiple slaves configuration. I plan to move to a master/master configuration sometime in the future but an itiaial investigation of such has not been successful with these software versions.

The versions I am using at the moment are as follows:
openldap-2.0.25
db-4.0.14.tar.gz (Berkley backend from sleepcat)

This configuration is successfully deployed on Linux (Redhat 7.1 with a 2.4.2 Kernel) and HP-UX11.00.

Cheers,
Paul

John Hogenmiller wrote:

Hello,

Let me state this clearly so there's no confusion as to what I'm trying to
find out.

For people out there successfully using openldap for mission-critical
services, such as radius and nss_ldap, with 1 master and multiple slaves,
what versions of software are you using?  In this case, I'm referring to
the backend database (gdbm, dbd, etc...), openldap server, and operating
system (redhat, debian, *bsd?)...

Basically, I'm looking for a proven setup for a system serving 50k user
objects, which is accessed by radius servers, mail server, and web server.
However, I'm interested in hearing about any stable, proven, ldap service
currentyl running.

I believe I am not the only person interested in this, so please post back
to the list.

Thanks,
John

-- Paul Colgan Software Engineer MMSC (MCORE team) Logica 5 Custom House Plaza Harbour Master Place Dublin 1 Ext: 8733 colganp@logica.com www.logica.com