Re: Rename DN with childrens in PHP.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 07:00:58AM +0100, Kopacik, Miroslav wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have problem to rename DN with the childrens.
>     I used this command :
>
>     $r = ldap_rename($ds, $editdn , $rdn , $parent , true);
>
> But this command renamed only the selected level, but no childrens of it.
> So I lost the tree structure beyond this level.

Was this against OpenLDAP server? Did you actually lose them? Didn't
you just get an error like "unable to perform"? When you use
ldap_rename() in PHP, you use the corresponding function in the LDAP
library, which will then pass a rename operation to the server. Any
bugs like the one you mention, are probably in the LDAP server. If
this was against OpenLDAP server and you want someone here to look at
it, you need to give more details. What version, how did tree look
like, what exactly did you try to rename.

Stig