RE: looking for a stable combination

Thank you.

>> 2) (MOST IMPORTANT)  The best, most stable version of openldap
>> (slapd/slurpd) and a corresponding backend database (berkeley db/gdbm)
>> that works under heavy load.
>>
>> I've ran multiple versions of openldap with stock installs of
>> redhat 7.2
>> and 7.3.  I have run into some problems with openldap 2.1.5
>> and db4.1.24
>> (patched and unpatched berkeleydb).  I have a problem with
>> openldap2.0.25
>> and gdbm-1.8.0 compiled from source.
>
> Using my keen psychic powers, I'll say that all the problems you've
> encountered are fixed in OpenLDAP 2.1.42 and Berkeley DB 4.1.99.
>
> In the absence of any detailed information, I wonder how you expect any
> of your problems to ever get resolved.

Har har.

Actually, you don't need to use psychic powers in this case, please just
read the email I sent.

2) (MOST IMPORTANT)  The best, most stable version of openldap
>> (slapd/slurpd) and a corresponding backend database (berkeley db/gdbm)
>> that works under heavy load.

To clarify this for everyone, I am NOT looking to the list for a fix to my
current problems with current package versions at this time.  If I was
looking for a specific fix, I would state a specific problem.  I stated
that I was looking for two things, then I stated the two things I was
looking for.  As an afterthought, I threw in some unneeded information
about what I've tried so far.

Cheers,
John