Re: dc question

ok so as you say the RDN, in my example "blabla" should be the value of my
dc, correct ? I still don't understand why this is required but I will do
it like that as some of you said it's a good practice.

Thanks for the help again

Regards

|--------+------------------------------------>
|        |                                    |
|        |          Peter Marschall           |
|        |          <peter.marschall@mayn.de> |
|        |          Sent by:                  |
|        |          owner-openldap-software@Op|
|        |          enLDAP.org                |
|        |                                    |
|        |                                    |
|        |          10/15/02 05:48 PM         |
|        |                                    |
|--------+------------------------------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |      To:     marc.bigler@day.com                                                                          |
  |      cc:     openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>                                                    |
  |      Subject:     Re: dc question                                                                         |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 09:46, you wrote:
> Now so if I understood the role of the dc correctly in that case, it
should
> be setted to the last dc part of the dn ? For example:
>
> dn: dc=blabla, dc=example, dc=com
> objectclass: dcObject
> objectclass: organization
> o: Example company Ltd.
> dc: blabla
>
> is that correct ?
Yes this is correct.

The RDN (i.e. the first part of the DN [cou call it the last one,
but that depends on where one starts counting ;-])
should be an attribute stored in the object.
While OpenLDPA currently does not enforce this convention,
other LDAP directory servers do.

CU
peter

--