Retrieving information from Active Directory

I am settng up a mail server and trying to use openldap so I can
create a public addressbook.  I hope to populate this with informatin
gleaned from Active Directory but, so far, I haven't been able to get
anything useful.

So how I can get the user information out of active directory?  I have
searched Google and found references to using ldapsearch but none of
the instruction worked.  I am really new to ldap so I may be
overlooking the obvious.

I am running version 2.0.11 on Redhat 7.2.

--
-- Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator