RE: compatible versions

tor, 2002-10-03 kl. 18:00 skrev Howard Chu:

> > All of these work o.k. for me on Red Hat 7.2+++, apart from
> > Berkely BDB
> > 4.1.24, which in combo with 2.1.5 gives a segmentation fault on 'make
> > test'. If I drop back to Berkely BDB 4.0.14 it goes away and
> > everything
> > works well. Anybody any idea why?

> If you compiled with BDB 4.0.14 and then installed the BDB 4.1.24 shared
> libraries you will get this crash since the BDB APIs are changed. If you
> recompiled everything with BDB 4.1.24 installed then it should just work. The
> pre-built binaries that we have packaged on our download server use BDB
> 4.1.24, along with Cyrus SASL 2.1.7 and OpenSSL 0.9.6g. We have patched some
> build issues in our OpenSSL and Cyrus source code to get them working
> properly, but the BDB 4.1.24 source works without any changes.

That was it more or less, many thanks Howard. Actually I *had* installed
4.1 prior to the compilation, but there were a couple of symlinks I'd
made myself from the 4.0 install (especially one of them) in /usr/lib
that gave the wrong result - even though I have very strict CPP- and
LDFLAGS configure rules that point to the right things.

'make test' works o.k. now, but the 4.1.24/2.1.5 Openldap install
couldn't cope with my old database for some reason. I've ended up by
having a test version running in a completely separate test prefix
directory, on port 9009 (non-TLS at the moment). That works fine :-) So
I'll sort the rest out myself.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

>From Henrik Ibsen's "Vildanden", "The wild Duck."

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981