passwd database

I know that this is covered in the FAQ, and general config is covered in the Administrator's Guide, but the config listed in the FAQ didn't work for me, and the Admin. Guide doesn't cover it specifically. I have RH 7.3, and am using the RH RPMs, version 2.0.23-4. In my slapd.conf, I added two lines

database        passwd
suffix          "dc=unboundtech,dc=com"

and changed the BASE in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf to match the suffix. After starting slapd (service ldap start, returns success), when I run

ldapsearch -b 'dc=unboundtech,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'

I get this

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

I'm assuming this means something is wrong. The FAQ said I should get everything in /etc/passwd from that command. I haven't even started looking at the client side of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

--
Justin Georgeson
UnBound Technologies, Inc.

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)