Re: Many Different Problems I need Help

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:11:30AM -0300, Alexandre Soares wrote:

>  Whereis the ldif2ldbm, because I can't found. ?

Obsolete command. Use slapadd if you want to load data before starting
the server, or (better) use 'ldapmodify -a' to add data through
protocol. Where did you find the reference to ldif2ldbm?

>  How to start the ldap data base ? Users, Groups, Hosts, etc ....

Depends on how you want it to run. You show
/usr/local/lib/libexec/slapd being run later on - this is an OK way to
start slapd, though you may want to specify some options (e.g. if you
create a user/group to own the database files, or if you want to bind
to more than just the default port 389)

>       What the reason of this msg ?
>
>      ldapadd -D "cn=Manager" -f ./example.ldif
>      SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
>      ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown error

I suspect you have not set up a SASL user with saslpasswd2. If you do
not want to use SASL bind, you must specify the -x flag, and probably
-w or -W as well.

>       What the procedure to put in /etc/pam.d/login to access ldap data base
> ?, I needp install anothor program to replace pam module ?

See documentation for pam_ldap and nss_ldap - these are not part of
OpenLDAP but are documented at
http://www.padl.com/Contents/OpenSourceSoftware.html

> 1.0) Building OpenLDAP
> 1.1) Software Packages
>
>           db-4.1.24.tar.gz
>           gdbm-1.8.0.tar.gz
>           openssl-0.9.6g.tar.gz
>           krb4-1.2.tar.gz
>           cyrus-sasl-2.1.7.tar.gz
>           MigrationTools-44.tar.gz
>           openldap-2.0.27.tgz

Bad mix. I don't think you should be using the latest db and sasl libs
with openldap-2.0.27. Why not switch to openldap-2.1.5 ?

Andrew