Re: problems traversing a distributed tree

Ace Suares (ace@suares.com) wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Ace,

> what suffix do you have for the three subordinate databases ?

That was the problem, I had the top level suffix. I changed it, and now
the refs work fine.

> and, have you checked (for instance by viewing the actual databases
> with less or an editor) if the entires are really distributed over
> all those databases ?
>
> I am asking this because it happened to me that somehow all the
> entries got into the main database at some point...

I just looked at the database files, and it seems that it happened to me
also.

>From the "top" database directory:

$ strings * | grep -i jacksonm

dn: uid=jacksonm, ou=accounts, dc=peelo ,dc=com
cn: jacksonm
homeDirectory: /home/jacksonm

>From the "accounts" directory:

$ strings * | grep -i jacksonm

@UID=JACKSONM,OU=ACCOUNTS,DC=PEELO,DC=COM
=UID=JACKSONM,OU=ACCOUNTS,DC=PEELO,DC=COM
dn: uid=jacksonm,ou=accounts,dc=peelo,dc=com
uid: jacksonm
homeDirectory: /home/jacksonm

What to do about this? Or is this expected behavior?

--
Mike