Re: nisDomain not a structural object class? (Or, fun with Solaris 8)

Heya:

I had this exact same problem. I dunno why..., but for some reason it doesnt
like to use a dcObject with nisDomains. When I used 'organization' instead
of 'dcObject' for the objectClass, it worked...

-
root@ldapsrv-1:/usr/local/openldap/ldifs# more initial-setup.ldif--nis
dn: dc=mycompany,dc=net
objectclass: top
objectclass: organization
objectclass: nisDomainObject
o: My Company
nisDomain: mycompany.net
root@ldapsrv-1:/usr/local/openldap/ldifs#
-

Maybe an errors in the schemas, maybe a ldap 'quirk' or 'undocumented
feature', but using organization worked for me. Gl and hf, and gg Solaris =D

-
Giovanni Navarrette
USLink Internet Systems Administrator
e-Mail -- gio@uslink.net