Out of lock entries

On my lightly-loaded test OpenLDAP 2.1;4 server, running BDB backend, this
morning I've started getting several of the following messages in my
syslog:

bdb(dc=quris,dc=com): Lock table is out of available locker entries

I'm not seeing any bad symptoms from this, but I can't quite locate the
source of the error message.  Anyone know this message, and what it means?
 Is there a way to increase the number of "locker entries," and under
wehat circumstances is doing so appropriate?

TIA for any clues or advice.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>