multiple records sharing data?

Ok, pardon my ignorance here, but is it possible to have two records in ldap
share similar data?  For example if I have two login ids (chuck and cpierce)
and I want to have two records in ldap.  Each would have unique data, accept
they both would share certain fields (full name, phone number, etc.).  If I
changed one of those fields (phone number for example) it would automatically
be updated on the other.  Is it possible to have the ldap server do this for
me?  Do I need to have a relational database for the backend data (rather than
ldbm)?

thanks in advanced.

- Chuck