Re: Cannot install openLDAP with gdbm

Mahavir D Karnavat wrote:
Hi,

I am installing the openLDAP v 2.1.4 and using gdbm for DB instead of Bearkey DB etc..

I receive following error when O run configure:

$ ./configure --with-ldbm-api=gdbm

[snip]

checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

I have installed gdbm-1.8.0 previously with the command ;

$ rpm -ivh gdbm-1.8.0-5.src.rpm

$ls /usr/lib/libgdbm.*

/usr/lib/libgdbm.a   /usr/lib/libgdbm.so    /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libgdbm.la  /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2
$rpm -q gdbm

gdbm-1.8.0-5

Please let me if there is any problem and how to overcome this.

Check section 4.2.4. (Database Software) of the OpenLDAP 2.1 Administrator's Guide (http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/guide.html):

	OpenLDAP's slapd(8) primary database backend, BDB, requires
	Sleepycat Software Berkeley DB, version 4. If not available
	at configure time, you will not be able build slapd(8) with
	this primary database backend.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it  | fax:   +39 02 2399 8334