Invalid command 'AuthLDAPURL', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Hello Friends
       I am using  Suse 8 to configure apache for ldap
authentication , I am using apache 1.3 , and "authldap" was
installed  during the installaion .
I had done the following things

in httpd.conf

LoadModule auth_ldap_module     /usr/lib/apache/auth_ldap.so
I restarted the  "apachectl " daemon
there was no error
then I did the following changes  in httpd.conf

<Directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs>
       AuthLDAPURL ldap://myserver/o=Foobar
Software?uid
       AuthType basic
       AuthName my-domain
       require valid-user
</Directory>

and when  I started the  "apachectl " daemon
 I am getting this error
Invalid command 'AuthLDAPURL', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

P! lease point out where I had gone wrong
Thanks
SC