From: Harry Rüter [mailto:harry_rueter@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 1:34 AM
To: Chad Day
Subject: Re: Configure failing on FreeBSD 4.6..

Hi,

Chad Day wrote:

> Doesn't the backslash split the lines?  From all the examples I've been
able
> to google up, it seems that they all set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS and
configure
> all in one line, seperated by the backslash to split them up.

In my opinion and afaik all *NIX use the "\" on the shell to
concatenate the two lines to one.

In other words two lines separated with "\" are handled as one.

Just try if my idea works by using two separate statements
for CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

What shell do you use ?

By the way, please leave the discussion on the list, so other people
can see what we're discussing now privately.
That's what the list is intended for.

greets Harry

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/sasl -I/usr/include/gdbm -I/usr/local/Berkele