Performance Comparisons

Hi,

I imagine this question has been asked here before but I wanted to try
and get the latest information available if I could.

Is there a recent, respected article, or documentation that provides an
empirical comparison of available LDAP server offerings ?  I ask this
because in a recent vendor meeting OpenLDAP's scalability and
performance was called into question.  They expressed reluctance in
recommending it as a viable production quality enterprise wide solution
and opted instead for a more mainstream commercial offering.  This
struck me as I hadn't heard any complaints or problem reports that would
substantiate that opinion.

Please email me directly as I've been having problems receiving list
emails as of late.

Thanks - Tod.