Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 5:13 PM
Subject: AW: bind to LDAP Server using crypted password

That means if you give for example "secret" as password and crypt them you become a output like that -w {CRYPT}1IJV5XjJ2f3Kk  .
The problem that when you make a search I think is that the cleartext password is normally taken and crypted .

What i mean is the server compare crypted password with cryptes password on the Server .

if  cryptedPassword == cryptedPassword then it is OK .

but your  Problem is that you crypt your crypted Password I think . But I'am not sure .

Why did you not use cleartextpassword and a SSL Connection your data is secured over the Network :)

Regards
Ferruh