these what Outlook calls

these what in the Outlook context are called "special folders" could be stored on
an IMAP server. This is also very interesting with respect to shared calendaring.
Unfortunately the only product I have heard about being capable of making this
possible is commercial (see http://www.bynari.net/bynari/insightcon.html)

Sounds like this is getting off topic though...

Best Regards,
Stephan.