Maximum octet string value that can be stored

OpenLDAP: 2.0.19
OS: WinNT

Hi

I'm trying to store large octet string in OpenLDAP slapd with OpenLDAP C
API. If the octet string is about 96KB or less, I have no problem adding
it in. If the size is larger, it fails with "Can't contact LDAP server".
Looking at slapd debugging,

** SNIP **
send_ldap_result: conn=0 op=0 p=2
send_ldap_result: 0::
send_ldap_response: msgid=1 tag=97 err=0
connection_get(220)
connection_get(220): got connid=0
connection_read(220): checking for input on id=0
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 220 failed errno=34 (unknown WSA error)
connection_read(220): input error=-2 id=0, closing.
connection_closing: readying conn=0 sd=220 for close
connection_close: deferring conn=0 sd=220
connection_resched: attempting closing conn=0 sd=220
connection_close: conn=0 sd=220
** SNIP **

Is there a maximum limit that I hit and if so, how do I modify it to
allow me to add larger values? Thanks.

-Alvin